Saturday, April 30, 2011

week 4

This week passed very fast, I did not have much time to update my blog until today. In nicenite we were talking about how to use internet to improve reading and writing skills. I found interesting websites that I will use with my students. I also read an interesting article about e-books. We can do something for our planet by saving paper.
We also were required to develop a lesson plan using technology. I chose a topic related to the environment to enhace my students reading and writing skills. Definitely I will use these ideas with my university students.
I felt pleased because I started using internet with a group of students to make my classes more interactive. I realized that my students were motivated. However, I had to monitor their work at class to prevent them to search for other websites.
I'am interested in implementing blogs with this group of students to encourage them to write about different topics. I shared these ideas with other colleagues who were reluctant to use blogs because they  involve teachers' extra time and effort.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ili,

    It's sad that your colleagues are reluctant to use blogs with their students because of the extra time and effort. I don't think it takes all that much time and effort--do you? Anyway, I think that they are well worth the effort.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete