Friday, April 22, 2011

Week 3

 Every week is more demanding for everybody. There are more readings, and we have to start thinking about the final project. Sometimes time is not enough because I work from Monday to Saturday at two different universities, and I have to take care from my children. However, this course is interesting, and I am learning a lot for this reason I am trying to do my best.
This week the class discussion was related to bookmarking. To be honest this is the first time that I've heard this term. Others teachers were really good at using social bookmarking. I had a few problems, but finally I created my deliciuos page, it was really exciting how I could organize and save my favorite websites.Besides I was able to check my colleagues pages, they have really interesting and useful information. 
Other interesting topic was CALL to develop our students' oral and aural skills. It is amazing how the computers are changing the world. Teachers can make our classes more interactive by using internet and computers programs. For this reason I have to improve my  computer skills to manage this new technology.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ili,

    I share with you the idea that "TIME" is our biggest enemy. I admire your effort for doing your best in this course. I totally agree with you when you say "computers are changing the world", for sure they are, and what we are learning let us catch up with it. What do you think?

    Katty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ilianita

    I´ve read your last blog and everybody is doing exactly the same. As I told Donna I don´t have skills about technology but I´m trying my best and she has to recognize our effort.

    Regarding to bookmarking and CALL they are new for me too. I´m learning in the proccess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Iliana,

    Yes, week 3 is more demanding. We are really getting into doing lots of tasks, with readings and messages. I encourage you to keep doing your best, because when the course has finished, we are going to miss it!

    And I agree with you that computers are changing the world. Who would have imagined that I would be commenting, in English, an interesting blog by another teacher from Ecuador?

    Way to go, my friend.
    Juan.

    ReplyDelete