Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 5

 This week the topic for the nicenet discussion was Alternative assessment, project based learning and WebQuest. Sometimes as teachers we do not asses our students in a fair manner,  we only use written tests provided by the course books. The articles that  we read this week provided us with innovative ideas such as PBL and WebQuests. I consider that they can motivate our students because these activities are based on real life situations, and also the students have the freedoom to work at their own pace.
I also created my rubrics at Rubistar, it is an excellent place to implement rubrics for different skills in an easy way. When I started using rubrics with my students I had to create them by myself  or by looking for some books, but it was difficult and time consuming.
Another task was the creation of a WebQuest, this is the first time that I'm using it and I had to read other teachers' webquests to have an idea about them. I think that WebQuest is an excellent activity that I will definiytely use with my students. 
I already started working on my project I shared the idea with my students and they are really motivated to carry out it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ili,

    Hurrah for you! I just love WebQuests, too. Rubistar is a great time-saver. I find that I must add to the descriptions, but it's an excellent way to start a rubric.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete