Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 7

This week I read about “Learners autonomy” and I realized that our role as teachers is to encourage our students to become autonomous. It is important to mention that the learners’ willingness to take charge of their own learning and their confidence in their ability as learners can enhance students’ autonomy. Teachers and learners can promote autonomy by creating a friendly atmosphere. We have to implement activities that students can carry out to attain a considerable degree of autonomy. Another task was the creation of One computer lesson, I really liked this task because at the University where I am working there is no a lab, only a class with internet access for one computer, so this lesson and my colleagues lessons are very useful to me.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ili,

    I like your idea of creating a friendly atmosphere to promote students' autonomy. I think the relationship among teachers and students plays an important role in class.

    Katty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ili,

    I also believe in the power of a friendly atmosphere to promote learner autonomy. As teachers/educators we all know how important it is for our students to be able to keep learning, improving when we are not by their sides spoonfeeding all the time. Learner autonomy is THE key point for students to be successful in the 21st century.

    ReplyDelete