Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 9

This was an amazing week for me. I finally finished my thesis and got my diploma as a Master in Teaching English. I am sure that all what I learned in my Master and in this online course will help me to be a more efficient teacher.
The topic for discussion this week was learning styles and how to implement technology in our classes according these styles. I realized about the importance of using different tools and activities to each different learning style. However, it is also important to introduce activities that expand our students' learning style preferences. It is important to point out that not only learning styles affect our students' learning process but also their background knowledge, age, gender, cultural aspects, motivation, etc.
I consider that the only manner to be updated with technology is using it, so in the future I will continue searching for new articles, and information using internet. I would like to take other online courses or webinars too.



These are my students' photos the day we recorded the video for the final project. I was really impressed because they did an excellent job.

7 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Congratulations on your MA degree, Illiana. As far as the lerning styles are concerned, you've summarized it very well - there's nothing else to do fur us, teachers but explore new technology and articles in order to use it more effectively to our and our students' satisfaction and benefit.

    Best,

    Eldin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear,

    Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! You did a great job! I'll read your project! I'm curious now...

    Helô

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ili,
    Congratulations on your great work - just to imagine how many things you managed to accomplish in a month! When I give examples of autonomous learning, I always have in mind people like you (perhaps all of us) who happily explored sites, joined in discussions, put things into practice....This course definitely raised our self-esteem:))
    Love
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ili.
    Congratulations for you. It has been very hard for you. It is difficult to study, to work and to take an online course at the same time, but you will have your rewards with your students, your family and the life.

    I agree with you. This has been a productive week. as you say, all we have learned,technology tools and learning styles are only parts or elements of the procedure in teaching and learning. We have other elements to be consider in the class.
    I have implemented technology in my classes, too, and students are motivated to continue with the project we began with this class. I hope to send information about my project called Ecuadorian Culture ,as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ili,
    Congratulations!! Now what you have learned from your master and from this web course, you have a lot of advantages to help you improve your classes. It's a fact that after taking this course, our methodology will be better than before. In my case, I feel like that. I won't be the same!
    Sincerely,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Illi,

    I want to congratulate you for your master degree… it is an objective you have accomplished with a lot of effort. I am very proud of you. “Master de los Puppets”

    I you have said it is important to know our students learning styles so you can do activities that will help them in their learning process.

    EVE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ili,

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You have accomplished so much.
    It is wonderful news to hear that you finished your master's.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete